The Camp Ruach formula is fun through friendship! Camp Ruach is an extraordinary community, created each summer at the Asheville JCC. Our highly trained counselors guide campers as they build lifelong friendships, develop their self-confidence and support each others growth.
Camp Ruach is a unique Jewish day camp experience open to first through eighth graders of all backgrounds, cultures, and religions. Each weekly session is an adventure filled with fun & games, swimming, crafts, nature, music, and exploration, ending with the celebration of Shabbat. We are a true community, creating unity from diversity, making unforgettable memories.
Whether they are here for one or two weeks, or the whole summer, Camp Ruach campers come away having grown and changed, carrying a newfound sense of confidence and self-assurance. Here, everyone is celebrated! Feeling valued and supported, campers become strong, confident community members while gaining new abilities and having fulfilling experiences. Our energetic Camp Ruach staff work and play with our campers to ensure that they feel safe and nurtured as they have the time of their lives!
Registration for Camp Ruach is taking place through Daxko Operations. You may already have an account with Daxko. If you do not already have an account in Daxko, youll need to create one. Please see this link and choose sign up to create a new Daxko account. If you already have an account, choose Login or Find Account. Once you are logged in, find the programs button at the top right corner of the page. Selecting programs will take you to a second page where you will choose youth programs. Finally, choose the summer sessions for which youd like to register. Only JCC members are eligible to enroll in JCC summer camp. JCC membership is $50 per child. Please choose a membership for each child youre enrolling in camp.
Register for Camp Ruach Here:
- Bonim (Rising 1st Graders)
- Kochavim (Rising 2nd & 3rd Graders)
- Chaverim (Rising 4th & 5th Graders)
- Gesher (Rising 6th, 7th, & 8th Graders)
- Camp Tikvah (For Children with Autism)
- Gesher Tikvah (For Middle Schoolers with Autism)
Questions? Please contact Tuxedo Smedley, Day Camp Director at (828) 253-0701 Ext. 107 or by email at Daniel@jcc-asheville.org
- Payment in full is strongly advised at time of registration, and must be paid by May 1st
- To complete registration, a valid credit card must be placed on file.
- Please make checks payable to the Asheville JCC or payment can be made via credit card.
- A $40.00 fee will be charged for returned checks.
- If payment is not received by May 1st registrants will be dropped from the roster.
- Enrollment is not confirmed until a completed enrollment packet is submitted and payment in full is received. ( Enrollment packets can be completed here )
- No refunds will be given after May 1st.
NOTE: Credit card on file will be charged for any remaining unpaid balance on or after May 1st.
- Only JCC members are eligible to enroll in JCC childcare, summer camp and most aquatic programs. JCC membership price is $50 per child.
- A one time materials/registration fee of $55 will be added to your registration. This materials fee applies to each camper one time during the summer, regardless of the number of weeks the camper registers for.
Tuition Assistance & Payment Plans: Tuition assistance may be available through confidential scholarship application. Contact Tami at ext. 114 for an application. In order to be eligible for tuition assistance, applicants must have a JCC account balance of zero at the time of applying. Contact the JCC Finance Director, Stephanie Werner: ext. 104, Stephanie@jcc-asheville.org, regarding childcare subsidy vouchers. Scholarships and payment plan applications need to be submitted to email@example.com by March 1st.
Camp Ruach was voted Western North Carolinas #1 Day Camp in the Mountain Xpress Best of Poll in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017!
Throughout the summer, campers participate in swimming, field games, cooking, crafts, nature expeditions, gardening, music, team building, weekly Shabbat celebrations, field trips and many unique Camp Ruach traditions, including our exciting Maccabiah Games, Wacky Water Olympics, Ruach Scavenger Hunt, Seth Olson You Can Make A Difference Day, and our Ruach Relay!
The JCC campus includes a 25-meter pool for daily free swim and swimming lessons with certified instructors; a natural outdoor pavilion, park-like space for outdoor games, nature activities, and a learning garden; and rooms for cooking, crafts, and activities. We also take full advantage of the Asheville regions natural amenities with weekly off-site field trips.
Contact Daniel Smedley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-0701 ext. 107 for more information.