Select Page


How to practice yoga to counteract sitting all day in Half Monkey God Pose (Ardha Hanumanasana)

by Leah Sugerman, E-RYT 500, YACEP

We’ve probably all heard by now that sitting is the new smoking. We know we’re supposed to use a standing desk or get up and take a stretch break every 20 minutes. But in reality, life often gets in the way. We always seem to be racing against the clock to meet a deadline or we get lost in a...

yoga instructor demonstrating tips for practicing malasana in yoga class

by Eve Johnson

I just came back from a short road trip. When I got out of the car after several hours of sitting, I noticed that I was a little stiff in my hips. But I didn’t have the pain I used to feel, deep in the hip creases, for the first few steps after standing up. Thinking about it, I realized that it’s...

Beginner tips for using the diaphragm properly in Low Lunge yoga Pose (Anjaneyasana)

by Olga Kabel

A diaphragm is the primary muscle of inhalation; it is responsible for about 75 percent of the air movement in normal breathing at rest (external intercostal muscles are responsible for the other 25 percent). The diaphragm is a very thin muscle shaped like an irregular dome. It has a fibrous middle...

How to modify yoga poses to fit your body, lying down in Eagle Pose (Garudasana)

by Nina Zolotow, RYT 500

One of my neighbors told me that her problem with yoga was that she couldn’t do any poses lying down because she always felt nauseated when she was lying down. And when she consulted her doctor about it, her doctor told her just not to do them. I said to her, “You don’t need to let that stop you!...

Source

Download your FREE PATCHWORK Wellness Planner to kickstart your wellness physically, mentally and economically today!

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!