"I learned so much about poses that I've been doing for years! I told all my serious yoga friends about Iyengar Yoga Detroit."
"My back feels better than it has in years." - Thelma
?"I appreciate that Iyengar Yoga Detroit is a women-of-color-run space." - Carmen
"I like the way that all instructors at Iyengar Yoga Detroit are not only intentional about the practice they provide, but they're also intentional about developing and supporting community."
- All bodies, all abilities, all sizes welcome, and wheelchair accessible.
- Wide array of poses taught in a variety of ways from high energy to restorative to therapeutic.
- Individualized teaching to suit all needs and capacities.
- Highly trained teachers (certification takes 3+ years), and 14 levels of certification.
Whats Special About Iyengar Yoga Detroit?
- Community-centered, trauma-informed safer space, Cooperatively-owned and run. People of color-centered.
- Affordable classes, flexible schedule, including Community Gift (sliding-scale) classes .
- Philosophy study as well as Asana (postures), Pranayama (breath work), teacher training, and weekend workshops.
- Focus on personal practice and healing injuries and chronic conditions.