Are you joining The Obesity Society for savings on ObesityWeek®? Do it while you register on obesityweek.org to eliminate wait time.
Members of The Obesity Society are part of the largest scientific society dedicated to obesity in the world.
The Obesity Society (TOS) is comprised of approximately 2,800 members worldwide who, like you, are dedicated to the study, prevention and treatment of obesity. These professionals include:
- Basic and clinical researchers
- Clinicians and care providers
- Early career investigators
Access your TOS membership or join us today!
The Benefits of Membership
When you join TOS, you receive extensive benefits. As a member, you can:
- Connect directly with leaders throughout the obesity field.
- You can learn from mentors in your subspecialty and provide guidance and leadership to others.
- Access a wealth of networking opportunities.
- Receive access to the Members Directory for networking.
- You will also have access to our industry job board.
- Clinicians receive a free listing in our Clinician Directory (under construction).
- Become eligible for awards and grants.
- Benefit from TOS advocacy.
- We actively support funding for research, prevention and treatment of obesity.
- We are also working to improve reimbursement for patient treatment.
- Receive support as an early career investigator.
- TOS early career efforts include unique mentoring opportunities.
- Automatically receive membership in the World Obesity Federation.
- The World Obesity Federation is a global community comprised of more than 50 regional and national obesity associations, all dedicated to solving the problems of obesity.
- Customize your membership.
- Find members with similar professional interests in our Sections.
- Make global connections based on your chosen interests.
- Members can opt for full access to Obesity, the flagship scientific journal of The Obesity Society—both in print and online.
- You will enjoy discounted educational programs, such as the American Board of Obesity Medicine’s preparation course and practice exam.
- Get discounts on registration fees for ObesityWeek® and on page charges for members who publish their research in Obesity.
Looking for more information? Connect with the Membership Team.
Membership in The Obesity Society includes these notable opportunities: electing TOS officers and committee members; serving as a TOS officer; offering expertise to a range of TOS committees; and voting for amendments to the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws. Memberships are available in four categories:
Scientists, clinicians, care providers, educators and industry professionals are eligible to become regular members.
Those eligible for early career membership include post-doctorates, medical residents, clinicians-in-training, scientists-in-training, junior faculty, and others who have completed a doctoral or medical degree within the past five years.
Student membership (and renewal of student membership) requires a letter from your supervisor or mentor on institutional letterhead. The letter must confirm your current student status and resulting eligibility for student membership with TOS.
Fellowship is one of our Society’s highest honors. This prestigious distinction highlights your contributions to the field of obesity research, treatment and prevention, and means you have earned the right to include FTOS among your credentials. To achieve Fellow status, you must meet the criteria and submit the documentation noted in the Fellow Member Application Information box.
Fellow membership criteria:
- Membership in good standing in TOS for at least one year.
- Superior contributions to the obesity field through teaching, administration or clinical services, including TOS committee participation.
- Original research in areas relating to obesity, resulting in senior authorship of five or more scientific papers in English language peer-reviewed journals; OR independent original research without the opportunity to publish (e.g., industrial scientist).
Applicants for Fellowship must submit:
- A current Curriculum Vitae in English, maximum of three pages.
- Letters of support from two Fellows of the Society.
If you meet the qualifications, please apply online and submit the required documentation. Your membership status will continue as “Regular” while TOS reviews your application and support information. Once approved as a Fellow, you will receive a letter of confirmation and your membership status will be updated.
NOTE: Overseas members are individuals residing outside of the United States, Canada and Mexico.
Obesity Access, Online Only
|Regular Member or Fellow||$240.00|
|Overseas Regular Member or Fellow||$250.00|
|Overseas Student Member||$90.00|
|Early Career Member||$135.00|
|Overseas Early Career Member||$145.00|
Obesity Access, Print + Online
|Regular Member or Fellow||$265.00|
|Overseas Regular Member or Fellow||$275.00|
|Overseas Student Member||$140.00|
|Early Career Member||$160.00|
|Overseas Early Career Member||$170.00|
Student and Early Career Membership Fees*
|New Student Member||FREE|
|Student Membership Renewal||$35.00|
|Early Career Member||$90.00|
|Overseas Early Career Member||$90.00|
*PLEASE NOTE: Student and early career members are eligible for these significantly discounted membership fees; however, they do not automatically receive access to Obesity. These members may receive online and/or print access to Obesity for additional fees (see fee schedules above).